By: Major Burdock | 04-17-2022 | Opinion, Studio
Photo credit: Zimmytws |

How Can a US-Born Citizen Lose Their Citizenship?

According to Section 349 of the INA, a US-born citizen may be expatriated (i.e. be stripped of US citizenship) by voluntarily performing one of seven actions with the intention of relinquishing their US nationality:

Applying for and obtaining naturalization in a foreign country
Making an oath of allegiance to a foreign country
Serving in the military of a foreign country as a commissioned or noncommissioned officer, or when the foreign state is engaged in hostilities against the US
Serving in a foreign government position that requires an oath of allegiance to or nationality of that foreign country
Making a formal renunciation of US citizenship to a consular officer outside of the US
Making a formal renunciation of citizenship while in the US, while the country is in a state of war
Conviction for treason or attempting to overthrow the US government (includes conviction of conspiracy)

More at

If you'd like to help support this censorship-proof public service so Big Tech's monopoly isn't your only news, streaming and sharing option consider donating:
Bitcoin address: 1KiJD44WeWKaDb4Newr7bDXadtGn21ACqY
More great sources
YouTube deleting and censoring your video? - Tiger Network!
Philip Fairbanks New Book is Here
Tips: [email protected]

Share this article
Thoughts on the above story? Comment below!
0 comment/s
What do you think about this article?
Comment *

Recent News

Popular Stories